httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] .htaccess (again) and a 500 error!
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:15:35 GMT
On 10/28/05, m i l e s <magicmiles@gmail.com> wrote:

> [Fri Oct 28 15:45:17 2005] [alert] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] /Library/
> WebServer/Documents/~adomain.com/.htaccess: ErrorDocument not allowed
> here.
>
> There is NO ErrorDocument in the vHost Directive for this domain
> (there should be, but there isn't).

Look again at the error message.  It is referring to an .htaccess
file, not httpd.conf.  You have an ErrorDocument directive in the
.htaccess file.

> When I remove the security from beta.xdomain.com the error above goes
> away.

I suspect that this is because you are changing the AllowOverride
directive.  AllowOverride has nothing directly to do with "security",
but affects whether apache will read .htaccess files.

Joshua.