httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] make URL's case insensitive
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:44:12 GMT
On 10/20/05, dogbert@netnevada.net <dogbert@netnevada.net> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>    I run apache 2.0.5x, and was wondering if there is a way to make URL's (after
> the domain portion) case insensitive in apache (all URL's), for example:
>
> www.foobar.com/JUNKFOOD.htm (client browser)
>
> would be processed by httpd as:
>
> www.foobar.com/junkfood.htm (server side)
>
> In reading the apache FAQ in 1.3, it says the following:

> Barring this, can mod_speling be set to not provide a list of files that are a
> 'close match' providing that the exact match is not found?

Barring what?  Your question is not very clear.  What about the answer
in the FAQ didn't you understand?  (If you are asking if this has
changed in 2.x, the answer is no.)  Regarding mod_speling, no it is
not possible to turn off the Multiple Choices page (without hacking
the source code).  You could try
ErrorDocument 300 http://example.com/404.html
but I don't know if that would work.

Joshua.