httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Setup .htaccess on cgi-bin directory
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:48:09 GMT

As I said, check the docs on this directive:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/core.html#limit

> > 3. There is no need to use an .htaccess file.  Simple put the
> > directives in an appropriate <Directory> section in httpd.conf.
>
> Did you mean directlly assign rule .htaccess on httpd.conf?, ex:

Yes.  .htaccess is just another type of config file.  It does have any
special power with respect to authentication.  These tutorials should
help (they are written for 2.0 but also apply mostly to 1.3):
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/howto/htaccess.html
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/howto/auth.html

Joshua.