httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] urgent help needed for name based virtual hosts configuration problem
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 18:37:15 GMT
On 10/13/05, Sri <gsridhar78@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am configuring name based virtual hosts in my apache2 server.I have
> created a group and username called bahu and i have configured the virtual
> host as follows

> <VirtualHost x.x.x.x>
> User bahu
> Group bahu

> Syntax error on line 54 of
> /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default:
> User cannot occur within <VirtualHost> section
>
> Can some one tell me where i am going wrong.If i want to configure
> Name-Based Virtual Host with perticular user,group is there any other
> settings i need to check.

If you mean that you want all request serving to be under a different
userid for the virtualhost, then this is not possible.  (You can look
at the metux mpm, but I don't think it is very stable.)

If you mean you want suexec to run cgi scripts under that userid (as
you could do in apache 1.3), then you want the SuexecUserGroup
directive.

Joshua.