httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Chaining Outputs from mod_python to php
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 13:48:26 GMT
On 10/5/05, Crosby Sidney <csidney79@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Apache built with both mod_python and php.  I want to setup the
> following output chain: [input request] -> mod_python -> php -> [output
> html].  Is this possible?

My understanding (based on limited knowledge of recent php
development) is that, by default, php for apache2 is a handler, not a
filter.  This means it must originate the content and cannot be
inserted in a chain as you suggest above.

There is also a filter version of the php module for apache2, but I
suspect it is much less stable than the handler version.  You should
probably inquire about this on a php list.

Joshua.