httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Bonner <bkbon...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Redirect and ProxyPass or RewriteRule[P]
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 21:15:27 GMT
I'm using ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse to delegate requests from
Apache 2.0.55 to Tomcat 5.0.30.

Here's what I have:

ProxyPass         /  http://192.168.1.15:8082/internal/
ProxyPassReverse  /  http://192.168.1.15:8082/finternal/

This works fine, however I also want to add a Redirection for a few
URLs that used to exist on the old site into the new one.

I tried doing this by adding:

RedirectMatch ^/grant/evaluation$ /resources/evaluation.html
RedirectMatch ^/emp/int.xyz(.*)$ /employee

The configuration tests ok, but when I try /grant/evaluation, I get an
error from Tomcat that the url:  /internal/grant/evaluation can't be
found.

It looks like the Redirect is not even being handled.

I'm wondering if there was a way to to use RewriteRule fo handle the
redirection and proxying of these requests.  I see that there is a way
to use a [P], but if I use this do I still need to use the ProxyPass?
How do I handle the ProxyPassReverse?

Thanks,

Brian