httpd-users mailing list archives

From Fury <furio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] DOCUMENT_ROOT and mod_vhost_alias
Date Sun, 16 Oct 2005 23:12:56 GMT
So would I be correct in recommending that the entire paragraph in the
apache docs be deleted, or changed to:

"The other thing to `fake' is the DOCUMENT_ROOT. But you can't do that." ;)

I get the impression that the author(s) had in mind one or more specific
solutions, but for whatever reason did not include them in the docs. Many
scripts and php apps use this variable (to my dismay), and it seems likely
that others may have found a fix or implemented a hack to get around the
problem.

Any ideas/suggestions are welcome!

-Derek