httpd-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ray Lauff <spudly.mcgr...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Question with Apache 2.0.52 Max Clients reached AND repeating errors
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:16:34 GMT
Greetings all,

My problem is possibly two fold, or it is two seperate problems.  I'm
unsure, so I will include as much information as possible.

I've added the following to my httpd.conf file:

     =====
     RewriteLock /usr/local/apache/var/run/rewritemap_locks
     RewriteMap ldap_lookup prg:/usr/local/apache/etc/apache_lookup.pl
     RewriteRule ^/+~([^/]+)(.*) /~${ldap_lookup:$1|$1}$2 [PT]
     =====

The apache_lookup.pl, is a simple perl program which connects to an
LDAP database and does translations on user directories (for aliases,
so our system can support

    http://mysite.com/~communications.and.theater

instead of

    http://mysite.com/~commthea


It worked flawlessly, until about 2 weeks ago, where, without warning,
user directories become unavailable, and I had to stop and restart the
server to make it work again.

My apache is version 2.0.52, and now I'm having multiple problems.
The first problem seems to still happen, but I'm also receiving the
following in the logs:

    =========
    [Fri Oct 11 01:16:31 2005] [error] server reached MaxClients
setting, consider raising the MaxClients setting
    [Fri Oct 11 07:05:09 2005] [warn] child process 1056813 still did
not exit, sending a SIGTERM
    [Fri Oct 11 07:05:09 2005] [warn] child process 1056274 still did
not exit, sending a SIGTERM
    [Fri Oct 11 07:05:09 2005] [warn] child process 1057943 still did
not exit, sending a SIGTERM
    [Fri Oct 11 07:05:09 2005] [warn] child process 1056208 still did
not exit, sending a SIGTERM
    [Fri Oct 11 07:05:09 2005] [warn] child process 1508561 still did
not exit, sending a SIGTERM
    [Fri Oct 11 07:05:09 2005] [warn] child process 1058534 still did
not  exit, sending a SIGTERM
    =========

I upped the MaxClients settings and still I get the same errors, and
apache stops accepting new connections.

I ran a system trace on the apache process, and the following error,
#36, keeps popping up.

    ===========
    write (9, 0x1fffbd78, 1) = 1
    +                                              21 <00000000> !
    socket (AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, PF_UNSPEC) = 20
    fcntl (20, F_GETFL, _) = 2 <O_RDWR>
    fcntl (20, F_SETFL, O_NONBLOCK) = 0
    connect (20, 0x1401741c0=<2/INET, 443, 155.247.166.104>, 16) = -1,
    Errno 36 (Operation now in progress)
    poll ( 0x11fffbc40={{20, <POLLOUT>, <>}}, 1, 3000) = 1, [ {{20,
<>, <POLLOUT>}}, , ]
    getsockopt (20, SOL_SOCKET, SO_ERROR, 0x11fffbd38, 0x11fffbd30=4)
= 0 [ , , , 0, 4 ]
    close (20) = 0
    wait4 (-1, 0x11fffbe20, WNOHANG|WUNTRACED, 0x0) = 1104819 [ ,
<exit 0>, ,  ]
    wait4 (-1, 0x11fffbe20, WNOHANG|WUNTRACED, 0x0) = 0
    select (0, 0x0={}, 0x0={}, 0x0={}, 0x11fffbe50={1,0}) = SIGNAL [20 SIGCHLD]
    0
    ============

Like I stated above, I'm unsure if these are 2 seperate problems (the
maxclients and the user directories), but I wanted to include
everything so that my whole thought process would be displayed.

I can include a copy of the apache_lookup.pl if anyone feels that
might aid them in helping me out.

Thanks in advanace for any assistance.

Spud

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org


Mime
View raw message