httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ben Gardiner <beng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Flag to enable reading plain ASCII
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:26:18 GMT
Thanks, Nick, for the suggestion.  I did that.  And callers still
get the terrible "Forbidden - you don't have permissions to access
/(file)"

I have doublechecked the permissions, all the way from the root
to the domain, as well as all the directories.  As overkill, I set
directories drwxrwxrwx and files -rwxr-xr-x all the way to the end
files mentioned on the error reports.  Still no luck.

What should I do?  Any help would be much appreciated.  There
must be others who have this combination of .html files and plain
ascii files.  All my plain ascii files are now grouped under a single
directory  (called "bbs") on the same level with the primary .html
files.

If anyone else has a similar mixture please email me privately
at bengard@gmail.com for a detailed discussion of permissions.
You can tell by the fact that this was once a BBS that I have been
doing it a while.  But Apache is all new to me.

Please help.

Ben

From:  Ben Gardiner
Return address:  bengard@gmail.com