httpd-users mailing list archives

From Robert Desbois <robert.desb...@chronos.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Configure silent windows [MSI] installation
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 13:44:37 GMT
Hi,

I wish to bundle Apache 2 into an installer. I would prefer to have the Apache installation
proceed silently (msiexec /qn apache-blah.msi) but cannot find how to configure what options
are chosen during the installation (e.g. network domain, server name, admin email, service
vs. program, etc.)
I found some sites mentioning creating a setup.iss file, but this seems to be useful only
if the msi is compiled into an exe.
Does anybody know how to achieve this, or any alternative method?

Thanks,
Rob