httpd-users mailing list archives

From Scott Haneda <li...@newgeo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Noob needs help with SSL certs on apache 1.3
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 05:19:42 GMT
Resending, as my first post had the wrong version, and I spelled some stuff
wrong :-(

Hello, I am running Apache 1.3 on OS X, today, I need to install a self
signed SSL cert for a client.

I managed to get one going in the past, but seemingly, unless I am very
careful, I tend to break other sites from working, so I thought I would
learn to do this right.  I suspect the breakage is as a result of me not
using a separate IP for the first time.

I have a A record, pointing to my apache server, and this A record has a IP
to it that has never been used before, so it is new and clean.

The hostname will be remote.example.com

Can someone post me some examples of how I set this up and make it work, I
would also like to fully block out ant non SSL requests for that host name.
Or ideally, just redirect them to the ssl version, to force them to use it.

I found enough instrucitons on how to create the cert, though I am not sure
where you put the files, or how to tell apache to listen on a certain IP.

Pretty green at all this, so be gentle :-)  Thanks.
<http://www.newgeo.com>                     Novato, CA U.S.A.