httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Kogut <jmko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache wont start
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 19:50:42 GMT
I get this error often when I misconfigure something in Apache http. The
first thing you want to do is to disable any changes that you have recently
made, then start Apache. If it works, then you know the specific module that
is giving you problems. Look over your configuration for that module and
make sure everything is set right, and there are no errors in the file.
Second thing to check is that you have added your mysql lib into your Apache
bin folder, forgetting that step has caused me many problems before which
seemed to lead to php, but really lead to mysql. Also, you should add your
[Apache Bin, Php, and Mysql bin] folders to your systems include path. I am
assuming that you are using WinXP so, to add these folders to your include
path, go to your system properties, [windows key + pause/break] and then go
to the advanced tab, and then environment variables. There will be two
boxes, In the bottom box, double click path, and add these folders to the
box that comes up, no trailing slashes, and separate the paths with a
semicolon. Then, there is a command for using php as an Apache module that
allows you to specify the exact location for your php config file, the
specific command escapes me, but look into the php install txt for help.
Look under the [Installation as an apache module] section.

Finally, I also recommend getting that latest version of Apache, Php, and
Mysql. If you need anymore help in resolving this, tell me. I am wondering
how this problem could be solved.