httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Multiple instances bound to separate IPs?
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 13:23:02 GMT
It's no more of an issue than if the same process/instance does the same thing.

-ascs

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Brown [mailto:seanmichaelbrown@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 2:50 PM
To: Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Multiple instances bound to separate IPs?

Axel,

Thanks for your reply.  I know that you can have one instance of Apache listening on multiple
IPs and on multiple ports, in fact that's the way I have things running now.  But what I now
need is the
opposite.   I need to run two separate instances of Apache becuase
each instance will use a different major version of the PHP module.
So I'd have each one listening on a unique IP, but BOTH instances listening on port 80.  Will
that be an issue?

Thanks again,

Sean