httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] SSL and directories
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 14:11:15 GMT
I just gave you a rough, overall template of what you need. What file the directives are in
does not matter as long as they are somewhere.

If in doubt, just use the VH _default_:443 present in ssl.conf. I suggest you remove all unnecessary
comments from the file. Makes it more readable.

The configuration file structure I use consists of one file with all server-level directives,
one file with all LoadModule directives, one file with server-level SSL directives, and one
or more files containing virtual host definitions. That's just a matter of personal preference.
If you want to, you can put the whole configuration into one single file.

-ascs

-----Original Message-----
From: Dimitri Yioulos [mailto:dyioulos@firstbhph.com]
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2005 3:48 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] SSL and directories

Thanks! You made it very easy to understand.  I'm most grateful.

I installed mod_ssl (had to, of course), and the SSLEngine, SSLCertificateFile ..., and SSLCertificateKeyFile
... directives are in ssl.conf.  If I put the same info in the httpd.conf https virtual host
section, won't it bump into the stuff in ssl.conf, causing httpd to complain and fail?  If
that's the case, and I think it is based on preevious tries, what would the https virtual
host section then have to look like?

Dimitri