httpd-users mailing list archives

From Harry Putnam <rea...@newsguy.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Simple way to make directories display a list of its files
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 16:49:23 GMT
What is the simpliest way to make apache display a list of files when
a directory is hit with browser?

I'm reading the online manual about Options Indexes but I don't think
I'm getting the full picture since my attempts fail.

On gentoo linux with apache2
I'm inserting this into a stock gentoo conf file:

 <Directory /hpweb/TrainingVids/DigitalPhotography>
   Options +Indexes
 </Directory>

But I see only this error:
  You don't have permission to access
  /hpweb/TrainingVids/DigitalPhotography/ on this server.

ls -ld /var/www/localhost/htdocs/hpweb/\
  TrainingVids/DigitalPhotography/

  drwxrwxrwx  9 reader users 392 Oct  4 11:15 \
  /var/www/localhost/htdocs/hpweb/TrainingVids/DigitalPhotography/

Shows my user and group and execute by all.

What should I be doing to debug this?