httpd-users mailing list archives

From "david micheneau" <dmichen...@in-fusio.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Urgent : mod_proxy + chunked encoding
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:55:50 GMT
Hi all,

Is it very urgent to find a way:

We are currently using the "mod_proxy" (proxy + reverse proxy) Apache
module to forward some HTTP requests to an external HTTP

standalone server application. The HTTP clients contacting our front
Apache server are using chunked encoding + HTTP POST.

Our problem is that when Apache forwards the HTTP requests to the
external HTTP application, they are no more chunked,

and they don't have any content-length header either.

The HTTP application contacted handle correctly chunked requests, or
normal requests with content-lenght, but the

case of normal requests without content-length is not handled properly
:(

So, the question is: is there any way to:

  a) make Apache forwarding HTTP requests without any modification (keep
the body chunked).

or

  b) make Apache adding the body content-length, as it knows the total
length of the body he as "unchunked".

Or, maybe if you have any idea of another solution ?

Thanks for your help,