httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alpay Ozturk <alp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Pass client certificate thorough apache to tomcat
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 13:06:01 GMT
Thanks Boyle,

I have read the document and did some googling. I am using version
2.0.49 and wrote the below config to achive my goal :

RewriteEngine On
RewriteOptions MaxRedirects=10
RewriteLog "/home/alpayo/rewrite.log"
RewriteLogLevel 5

RewriteCond %{ENV:SSL_CLIENT_S_DN}    (.*)
RewriteRule .* - [E=FORWARD_CERT:%1]
RequestHeader add APACHE_CLIENT_CERT_HARD %{FORWARD_CERT}e

After this config, I see from tomcat side that APACHE_CLIENT_CERT_HARD
is added to http headers  but its value is null and I could not find
anything to overcome this problem. And nothing is written to the log
file in /home/alpayo/rewrite.log.

Does anybody have a solution for this?

Thanks and Regards,

Alpay

2005/10/25, Boyle Owen <Owen.Boyle@swx.com>:
> [...]
Börsen- bzw. Geschäftstätigkeit der SWX Gruppe. This e-mail is of a private and personal
nature. It is not related to the exchange or business activities of the SWX Group. Le présent
e-mail est un message privé et personnel, sans rapport avec l'activité boursière du Groupe
SWX.

> This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary
the sender's company.