httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How do I make a "CGI Alias"?
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2005 14:22:00 GMT
Chris Babstock wrote:

> What I'm trying to do, and forgive me if it cannot be done, is make some
> kind of alias so that when I write CGI scripts with the header
> #!/usr/bin/perl for use in a linux environment, that it will also work
> on my win32 environment without having to change the header of every
> script I write.

Try the directive;

ScriptInterpreterSource registry-strict

and ensure each file type, al la '.pl', '.py', etc has a shell action for
the 'ExecCGI' verb.  You can also use 'registry', but that would invoke the
action of the 'Open' verb - which can be hazardous (consider if you put a
.txt file in your cgi-bin directory, then opening the .txt file would open
Notepad.exe and serve nothing!)  By adding ExecCGI, you can ensure that the
'.pl' scripts are invoked with python.exe instead of pythonw.exe, for example.

You can add any action verb (typical examples are 'Open', 'Edit', 'Print')
for a file type using Windows Explorer menu option Tools -> Options, and click
the File Types tab.  Then modify the actions (verbs) for any type you want to
serve.

Bill