httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dan Trainor <i...@hostinthebox.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Enable/Disable .htaccess' require valid-user with env vars
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2005 23:39:53 GMT
Hello, all -

I'm looking for a way to disable Apache's ability to secure a directory
using the .htaccess method of 'require valid-user'.

Would it be possible to enable/disable this functionality based on an
enviornment variable, for a specific user?  I'm not terribly keen on
Apache's conditional syntax, but I've seen directives for "Ifmodule" in
the past, and I'm wondering if the same style of syntax can be used to
surround a 'require valid-user' directive in Apache, to enable-disable
it for specific users, on the fly.

Thanks!
-dant