httpd-users mailing list archives

From Søren Neigaard <s.neiga...@mobilethink.dk>
Subject [users@httpd] Why wont apache start with this httpd.conf?
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:38:22 GMT
Hi

I have a strange problem on Fedora Core 4. I have edited my httpd.conf,
and now apache will not start when i use the /etc/init.d/httpd script,
but if do a configtest it says ok, and if i start apache manually with
/usr/sbin/httpd it allso works just fine.

I still have the original httpd.conf, and if i revert to that the
/etc/init.d/httpd script works fine.

To me it looks like the /etc/init.d/httpd does some checking on my
httpd.conf before it attempts to start apache, and that check fails, but
why? There is nothing in any logfiles.

I have attached a diff of the working original httpd.conf and my httpd.conf

I hope you guys can help me, ive also tried on the fedora list, but no
luck so far.

--
Med venlig hilsen/Best regards
Søren Neigaard