httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] No installed service named Apache2
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:48:07 GMT
Uzo Madujibeya wrote:
> Camilla,
> do yourself a big favor and stay well clear of 2.0.54. Instead install 2.1.8

I presume Uzo is teasing you, 2.1.9 beta will be the first to build and
run on most flavors of Windows (2.1.8 would only run on XP/2003).  There
is no binary distribution yet of the beta.

>> I have downloaded and installed Apache server 2.0.54.
>> When I try to monitor the Apache servers, I get the message that
>> Apache monitor is already started.

Apache Monitor is a taskbar application (the small feather).  Just right
click and close it first.

>> When I try to start the Apache http server I get the message that the
>> system cant find the file. No installed service named Apache2.

cd "c:\program files\apache group\apache2"
bin\apache -k install -n Apache2

will install the service in the current directory.  You can also use the
-f c:\path-to\httpd.conf  or  -d c:\path-to-server-root  options, if you
are installing more than one service (running from the same binaries).