httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] adding SSL - is a distinct virtual host mandatory?
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 03:45:39 GMT
Andrew Clarke wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 17:20, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>>Feel free to buy a draft for Boyle (should he get there) and myself at
>>ApacheCon/US '05 (www.apachecon.com).
>
> If but someone would pay for me to take a junket overseas for a conference.
> I'm in Sydney. Shouldn't you guys schedule these conferences in exotic
> locations such as Australia? We have beer here too you know.

And good beer at that, I understand :)

The western pacific rim (draw an arc from JP to OZ) has been floated as
possible Int'l AC sites; it may be another few years before AC is able
to break from simply the US / EU locations.

>>Good luck fighting with cert creation, google is your friend here (you
>>can find everything you need to know about the openssl commands, even
>>creating your own CA.)
>
> I did achieve a certificate, but not without some gnashing of teeth. There
> was mention of a "make certificate" (in the apache source bundle?), but
> the /manual/ssl/ssl_faq gave a ritual which ended in a requirement to use a
> sign.sh script; finally I found that in the mod_ssl SOURC bundle. A SuSE
> sharedoc README has just told me about the existence of a gensslcert script
> too, which probably would have been easier.
>
> It's all about learning. I'm not bitter.

The 'script tools' that were part of mod_ssl were never folded into
httpd 2.0, we can kick the idea of reinventing them over on the dev
list.