httpd-users mailing list archives

From kloomis <kloo...@it-resources.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Lost connection to localhost
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 14:57:23 GMT
At 10:37 AM 10/6/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>On 10/6/05, kloomis <kloomis@it-resources.com> wrote:
> > I have tried various addresses for the httpd.conf file, using myDomain.com
> > and 192.168.1.108 in the directives for server name and listen,
> > NameVirtualHost and VirtualHost, appending the port :80.
> >
> > Does anyone have any idea why I cannot get to localhost from my browser, or
> > why for that matter the machine cannot connect to mySQL thru localhost?
>
>Use just
>Listen 80
>in httpd.conf and *no other Listen directives*.

Joshua:

OK, that was good. Thank you!!!

Now I get "Access denied for user 'krwl@localhost' (Using password: YES)"

Which is where I was when I originally tried to back off my
VirtualHosts.  I believe this is php trying to get to mySQL.  Any idea why
this would suddenly stop working? (I thought it had to do with my machine
not seeing localhost.)

Also, a curiosity, if I replace the index.php with index.html (a simple
hello file), I get the Apache Test Page.  Shouldn't I get "Hello"?  If I
type myDomain.com/index.html I get "Hello."

Ken