httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jain, Abhay K, ALABS" <jainab...@att.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache does not see end of cgi module
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:47:59 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyle Owen [mailto:Owen.Boyle@swx.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:09 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Apache does not see end of cgi module

How do you know the CGI has finished?

It is a shell script. I put a set -x to print out
on screen what it is executing. Screen shows exit statement.
ps -ef shows script not running.

> but the progress bar stays on the browser.
> It seems that apache does not see whatever
> tells it that cgi script has exited. After five minute
> timeout, I see entry in apache access log.

What entry? Anything in the error_log? script_log?

I don't see an entry in apache access log for call to the cgi,
till it times out. Nothing in the error log.

> What may be going on?

Taking a wild guess, the CGI might be accessing an external application (DB, mail etc.) and
this transaction is taking a long time for some reason...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Abhay

the sender's company.