httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Guenther, Christian" <Christian.Guent...@realtech.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] how can I work offline with Apache
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2005 10:25:25 GMT
too less information. what kind of problems do you face? Is there some kind db connection?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mahmoud Badreddine [mailto:badredd@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sat 08.10.2005 01:54
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] how can I work offline with Apache

Hi
I have a running web/database server which was running fine at my workplace. We recently upgragded
the station and I decided to bring the old one home where I am unable to connect to the Lan
at work.

I changed the followig in the httpd.conf
listen 127.0.0.1:80

and I changed my /etc/hosts file where I now have the following
127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain

I ran apachectl start
and I had no problems, but I still can't launch my website. Is there a way to get around that.
That is to not have a network connection but still test your website.
Thank you.

Yahoo! for Good