httpd-users mailing list archives

From Josh Greenwood <joshgreenw...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] rewriterule causing [redirect/302] error
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 23:42:42 GMT
Hello,
I am using Apache 2.0.54. I am having difficulty with the following
rewritecond/rewriterule:

# See if the requested page is http://www.test.com
RewriteCond %{SERVER_NAME} www.test.com <http://www.test.com>
# It is. Now see if "www.test.com <http://www.test.com>" is a folder in the
webcontent/ directory
RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/webcontent/%{SERVER_NAME} -d
# it is.
RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [S=5]

This produces the following output in rewritelog:

(2) init rewrite engine with requested uri /
(3) applying pattern '^/(.*)$' to uri '/'
(4) RewriteCond: input='www.test.com <http://www.test.com>' pattern='
www.test.com <http://www.test.com>' => matched
(4) RewriteCond: input='C:/egranary/webcontent/www.test.com' pattern='-d' =>
matched
(2) rewrite / -> http://www.test.com/
(2) implicitly forcing redirect (rc=302) with http://www.test.com/
(1) escaping http://www.test.com/ for redirect
(1) redirect to http://www.test.com/ [REDIRECT/302]

The above 8-line log sequence repeats itself a few thousand times per
request.
My intention is to filter the request 'www.test.com <http://www.test.com>',
check to see if there exists a directory called
'www.test.com<http://www.test.com>'

in a local directory called 'webcontent', and if there is, ignore the page
in that local directory and retrieve the actual page from
test.com<http://test.com>.
I realize this seems like a strange thing to do - it is for a configuration
which normally serves pages out of the local webcontent folder,
due to little and/or unreliable Internet connectivity. In this example, '
www.test.com <http://www.test.com>' would be an important enough
page to get the most current version. Note that the '[S=5]' in the
rewriteRule is just skipping the rest of the
rules and conditions. The two rewriteconds seem to be doing their intended
jobs, the rewriterule is not retrieving the page
'www.test.com<http://www.test.com>'
from the Internet. I appreciate any ideas.
-Josh Greenwood