httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sri <gsridha...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] urgent configuration file help needed confused about that
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 00:17:34 GMT
Hi,

 I need to configure the name based virtual hosts(multiple websites for single ip) and ip
based virtual hosts in apache2.

I am reall got confused about the which file i need to configure i.e /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
or /etc/apache2/site-available/default file.Please help me in this.

I want to know what is the purpose of apache2.conf and sites-available/default file purpose.

I am really confused now which file is important to enter tha virtual host details.

If i want to change the default document root i have to change on etc/apache2/site-available/default
file that is why i got confused

Thanks for your help