httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Why wont apache start with this httpd.conf?
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:08:26 GMT
On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 03:38:22PM +0200, Søren Neigaard wrote:
> I have a strange problem on Fedora Core 4. I have edited my httpd.conf,
> and now apache will not start when i use the /etc/init.d/httpd script,
> but if do a configtest it says ok, and if i start apache manually with
> /usr/sbin/httpd it allso works just fine.

This is an SELinux issue.  In FC4, SELinux policy is only applied if
httpd is started via the init script.

You'd have to correctly label the docroots outside /var/www so that the
SELinux policy will allow access; see the following guides for more
information:

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-apache-fc3/
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-faq-fc3/

e.g. something like this should work:

  # chcon  -R -t httpd_sys_content_t /home/www/

> > <VirtualHost 192.168.0.253>
> >     DocumentRoot /home/www/html
> > </VirtualHost>

Regards,