httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Pat <cpa...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] localhost htdocs access vs external restriction
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 00:32:39 GMT
Hello
Is it possible to restrict contents of the htdocs
directory depending on where the uses is from?  I want
to give localhost access and either block WAN side
access either totaly or directory by directory.  I
believe it can be done by directory restriction if you
are using a domain name.  I am not sure on access to
htdocs.

Also this is my first time setting up Apache2.05x.  Is
there a faq or some "must enable" to protect the
htdocs, from ddos, script attacks, remote access.  Any
recommended faq on securing apache other than the
plethora adduced from a web search.  tia.