httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jadel Menard <ja...@altig.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] httpd not resolving DNS queries
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 19:02:45 GMT

	I have an email validation script written in PHP that works on most
Apache machines I try it on, with the exception (of course) of my production
box that it needs to go on.  This production machine is a Slackware 10.2 box,
running Apache 1.33 and PHP 4.4.0.

	The script works if I call it from the command line with "PHP -f
filename" however, if I try to call the same script from a browser (served by
httpd) the DNS check is never made, and the script returns that the domain of
the email address is invalid.

	This sounds to me like httpd is missing whatever modules/plugin it
uses to execute a DNS lookup requested from PHP for a given page.  Why else
would the page work when called from the command line, but fail when called
from httpd?

	Thoughts?

Best,
Jadel