httpd-users mailing list archives

From Oil Pine <oil.p...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] ServerRoot/manual/
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2005 03:28:10 GMT
Hello,

I've just installed Fedora Core 3 and begun to configure Apache2. I am
reading the config file that was installed by FC3. I have difficulty
understanding the following instruction. I understand I can simply
comment this out, but I want to know what it means before I dismiss it.

The manual was installed in /var/www/manual/. Why should this be changed
to ServerRoot/manual/?

I do get a warning message that must be related to this directive.

[root@host pine]# apachectl -t
[Fri Oct 21 21:44:20 2005] [warn] The Alias directive
in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf at line 474 will probably never match
because it overlaps an earlier AliasMatch.
Syntax OK
part of httpd.conf
#
# This should be changed to the ServerRoot/manual/.  The alias provides
# the manual, even if you choose to move your DocumentRoot.  You may comment
# this out if you do not care for the documentation.
#
Alias /manual/ "/var/www/manual/"