httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marius Pumputis <Marius.Pumpu...@mif.vu.lt>
Subject [users@httpd] apache2 processes eating CPU
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 06:45:25 GMT
I have a problem with Apache/2.0.54 on debian. It started few days ago. Apache
started to use all the CPU. It does it in a rather strange way: every ~5 or ~6
minutes one apache processes starts running "full speed" and doesn't stop,
after another ~5 minutes another apache processes start running and so on.
After one hour all the available apache processes are running at "full speed".
There there no modifications made to the box before all this mess started (as
far as i know). I have atemporary solution to this: apache is simply restarted
by cron deamon.
Does anybody have a clue what is causing all this?

Thanks in advance :)
--
e-mail: marius.pumputis@mif.vu.lt
tel.: +37061462067