httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Octavian Rasnita" <orasn...@fcc.ro>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache and PHP
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 06:07:21 GMT
From: "Boysenberry Payne" <boysenberry@humaniteque.com>
That's funny I did the opposite, started with PHP and went to MP
after a few years at PHP.

Just out of curiosity, why would one go from MP to PHP?  It seems
like you're giving up a lot in the move.

Boysenberry

---

I have started with perl CGI, ModPerl, then I have tried PHP. I have made
some benchmarks, saw that PHP is slower a little, there are not so many
libraries for PHP as for perl, I have found a bug in PHP core, I have seen
that while Perl can be used not only to create programs for web servers but
also create programs with GUI's for more OS's including Windows, I have
decided to stay with Perl.

Teddy