httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Duncan Drury" <d.dr...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] moving .htaccess rewrite cond to httpd.conf
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 08:39:02 GMT
The Rewrite directives need to go within a Directory block within the
appropriate VirtualHost:

<Directory /foo/bar>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule   ^(.*)/section$		/new_location/new_file.htm
</Directory>

As I understand it you have to do this for every VirtualHost, as Rewrite
directives aren't inherited.  Well, at least RewriteEngine isn't, according
to the Apache manual.  If someone knows better I'd be keen to hear, as there
are some rewrite directives it would be useful to apply globaly.

This is for Apache 1.3 by the way.

Dunx