httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lars Ohlén <l...@ohlen.se>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2: mod_rewrite
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2005 09:37:59 GMT
Hi,

We have recently installed Apache 2.0.54 and very pleased with the product.

Now I need to understand how to setup mod_rewrite for this senario (newbee question I guess)

We have some .jsp and servlets that are used as normal within our web application (using mod_jk
to forward these req. to a tomcat process)
Some of these scripts are also accessed by external script  (ex. wget)

Because of the security product we are using for single sign-on these scripts needs to be
accessed with a differnt URL
(this allowing the security product to handle the authentiacatin differently: NTLM for users
and Basic Auth. for scripts)

So the same script (ex TheServlet) needs to be accessed both using the URL

/webapp/servlet/TheServlet and
/script/servlet/TheServlet

The easy solution is of course to duplicate the webapp and to create an additional script
web application with the same scripts. But
this is not very good from a maintance point of view (needs to duplicate many scripts and
helper classes)

But could this not be solved using mod_rewrite?

Simpy to map /script to /webapp

Preferably we would like to control each indivdual script and to have mod_rewrite to append
some extra information so that the
script could (if needed) identify if the invocation was from a script of from a webapp user.

Please advice!

BR

Lars