httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andoni <andonil...@eurokom.ie>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Should be easy RewriteRule issue: mod_rewrite.
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:05:21 GMT
Now why could the documentation not have said that?

You have no idea what that means to me! I am about to go and re-write several of the Virtual
Hosts on my web-server to use that content redirection.

My thanks,

Andoni.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Joshua Slive
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 2:37 PM
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Re: Should be easy RewriteRule issue: mod_rewrite.

  On 10/24/05, Andoni <andonilist@eurokom.ie> wrote:

  > Hi Joshua (and all),
  >
  > That worked great thanks, I had to take out the caret ^ you had at the
  > beginning of /servMainSite in the RewriteRule to make it work but otherwise
  > fine.

  Yes, that was a typo on my part.

  >   RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ /servMainSite?inner=$1 [R,QSA,L]
  >
  > I also added the R flag. Mainly because I always have done and it has always
  > worked for me! The documentation is so confusing though, can you tell me if
  > it is necessary? When I look at the RewriteLog I find that it has now got a
  > 302 is this what I want? Should I add a "permanent" flag?

  The R indicates an external redirect, meaning the client is asked to
  refetch the resource at the new location (and you'll notice a change
  in the client's URL-bar).  If you omit the R (which I would recommend
  in this case), the server will fetch the content at the new location
  and return it to the client as if it was at the old location.

  Joshua.