httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Camilla Langmoen" <cl...@start.no>
Subject [users@httpd] No installed service named Apache2
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:53:10 GMT
Hello!
I am very new at this, and hope my question is not very stupid.

My OS is Win XP.

I have downloaded and installed Apache server 2.0.54.
When I try to monitor the Apache servers, I get the message that Apache
monitor is already started.
When I try to start the Apache http server I get the message that the system
cant find the file. No installed service named Apache2.

I opened the error log and found a lot about child / parent, ex: : Received
shutdown signal -- Shutting down the server.

When I try to open http://localhost <http://localhost/> , the page cant be
found.

I have tried to install several times, in every possible way, but I cant
make it work.

Thanks!
Camilla