httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Error downloading *.gz files
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:10:48 GMT
On 9/28/05, Subramanya.Annegowda@ubs.com <Subramanya.Annegowda@ubs.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Using Apache server running on windows machine,
>
> Have problem while downloading any of the *.gz files from the webserver, following is
the error, when the open fails.
> The file has all the proper permission. No issues download all other files types (.zip,
.tar etc...)

> I tried overwriting the MIME types as below, but no help.
>
> AddEncoding x-gzip gz tgz
> AddType application/x-compress .Z
> AddType application/x-gzip .gz .tgz
>
> No errors are produced in the error log, when the download fails.
>
> Appreciate any help/pointers or solutions to resolve this issue.
> ---error displayed on the browser-----
> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /Test.pl.tar.gz on this server.
>
> Apache/2.0.46 (Win32) mod_perl/1.99_10-dev Perl/v5.8.0 mod_ssl/2.0.46 OpenSSL/0.9.7b
Server at testweb Port 666

That's a rather old version; you should upgrade.

The forbidden error indicates a permissions problem.  Does the user
running the apache service have permission to access the
file/directory in question?  Are you absolutely sure there is nothing
in the error log.

Joshua.