httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Modifying mod_access
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 17:17:29 GMT
On 9/29/05, Mike Cardwell <apache@blubbernet.com> wrote:
> It's working perfectly....... Except....... .htaccess files no longer
> work for anything that is rewritten to the sbox binary. So users can not
> set up stuff like Basic Authentication on those scripts.

Hmmm... I haven't tried it, but I have a suspicion that you could fix
this problem by putting your RewriteRules inside a <Directory
/home/web> instead of in the main server context.  This will  require
some changes to pathnames in your RewriteRules and perhaps the
addition of a RewriteBase directive.

The question is when mod_rewrite works relative to other modules, and
by placing stuff in <Directory>, you should force mod_rewrite to act
in a later phase of processing.

Joshua.