httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Sargent" <donati...@station51.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache - High Memory Usage Problem - HELP!
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 19:38:41 GMT
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mpm_common.html#serverlimit

I would recommend looking at this as well. Not sure if you already have a
serverlimit in place.

Btw, what IS your max clients?

  _____

From: Marc Perkel [mailto:marc@perkel.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 2:22 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache - High Memory Usage Problem - HELP!

Nick Kew wrote:

On Tuesday 27 September 2005 19:59, Marc Perkel wrote:

My site is fairly high traffic. about 20 gigs an hour. 60 requests a
second. Apparently I'm using prefork. Do you think MPMs would be the
better choice?

Worker would reduce memory usage.  But worker is more fussy than prefork
about working with shoddy software, and in particular anything that's not
thread-safe.  So if you use PHP (as I think you said before?) it's likely to

crash.

OK - thanks for your help. I do use PHP and I don't want to crash. ;)

But - unless I keep MaxRequestsPerChild at no more than 10 the memory usage
grows fast. Could I have a memory leak of some kind?

--
Marc Perkel - marc@perkel.com

Spam Filter: http://www.junkemailfilter.com
    My Blog: http://marc.perkel.com