httpd-users mailing list archives

From arun.n...@tcs.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] S & K httpd scripts for Linux
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2005 05:27:43 GMT

Hi,

If you have downloaded and compiled the server from the sorce code then
you need to put the "S" script in the required runlevel. If you have
installed the apache from the distribution (redhat) then just issue the
following command and your server will be up and running everytime the OS
restarts.

regards,
Arun

rit jhaveri <ritchiez@gmail.com>
09/19/2005 09:31 AM
Please respond to
users@httpd.apache.org

users@httpd.apache.org, jslive@gmail.com
cc

Subject
Re: [users@httpd] S & K httpd scripts for Linux

hi,
try locating your scripts in ur default init directory.... for that check
your /etc/inittab file... having entry as
id:n:initdefault:
where n is the number of ur default runlevel....

regards
Ritesh Jhaveri

On 9/16/05, Joshua Slive <jslive@gmail.com> wrote:
On 9/16/05, Marty Landman <mlandman@face2interface.com> wrote:
> I'd like Apache 1.3 to start automatically when my Linux system reboots.
> Looking into it understand that an Snnhttpd and Knnhttpd script need to
be
> put into /etc/rc2.d - since they're not already there. Are these to be
> found somewhere on my Apache install? Or do I look elsewhere.
>
> Sorry if this isn't the right list to post this question.

The apachectl script included with apache will act like a sysv init
script (which is what you are looking for).  But whether it will work
correctly or not depends on the details of your system.  You'd
probably have best luck consulting the users list for your OS
distribution.

Joshua.