httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache checks authentication twice
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:09:38 GMT

I think you're right - the second application is really just another instance of the browser.
This might be because you are using "target=_blank" in the link to force a new window. If
you don't do this it should use the same window and so retain the credentials.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Does anyone of you know a trick to get rid of the second
> authentication
> window?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Stefan
> --

> in-put GbR - Das Linux-Systemhaus
> Stefan-Michael Guenther
> Moltkestrasse 49     D-76133 Karlsruhe
> Tel./Fax : +49 (0)721 / 83044 - 98/93
> http://www.in-put.de
>      Schulungen  Installationen
>         Beratung   Support

Diese E-mail ist eine private und persnliche Kommunikation. Sie hat keinen Bezug zur B rsen-
bzw. Geschftst tigkeit der SWX Gruppe. This e-mail is of a private and personal nature. It
is not related to the exchange or business activities of the SWX Group. Le prsent e-mail est
un message priv  et personnel, sans rapport avec l'activit boursi re du Groupe SWX.

The sender’s company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their
the sender’s company.