httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] 2 Apache servers to run on a linux server
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 11:42:50 GMT

There's no problem with running more than one instance of apache on a single server. The main
point is that each instance must bind to a different TCP/IP socket. That is, each must have
its own IP:port combination. If you have only one IP, this means each apache must have a different
port.

Other than that, you can start them by defining the different config files using the "-f"
switch to httpd (can't really use apachectl). eg:

./httpd -f /path/to/config_1

./httpd -f /path/to/config_2

Rgds,
Owen Boyle