httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Loading of Siteminder module at apache start
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:14:06 GMT
I would look into whether there could be some network problems between the web agent and the
SM Policy Server with associated timeouts. I suggest that you do a packet capture to examine
what is exchanged between the two.

We abandoned Apache 1.3 in favor of Apache 2.0 over a year ago, about at the same time that
we migrated from SM 4.1 to SM 5.5. Therefore I do not have any hands-on experience with the
SMWA5Q7/Apache 1.3 combo.

Have you tried the wonderful CA support ?

-ascs

________________________________

From: Ranjan, Prashant [mailto:Prashant.Ranjan@FMR.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 5:40 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Loading of Siteminder module at apache start

Hi,

We are using apache version 1.3.33 web server with Siteminder version 5QMR7 for hosting our
webpages. We have a slight performance issue with apache startup with this setup. It takes
close to 5-7 minutes to start the apache web server and 4-5 minutes to serve the first page.
I found out that it is the loading of siteminder module which is taking all the extra time
in starting the apache web server. If I point the apache to the old siteminder installation
(5QMR6) its starting as expected and also serving the first page quickly.

I would like to know if anyone has heard of this for the same combination of siteminder and
apache versions. Also, it would be very useful if someone can explain the cause/resolution
of this behavior. The servers are Solaris.

Thanks,
Prashant.