httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Heitmann, Herwarth" <herwarth.heitm...@orangemail.nl>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] proxypass and redirect apache2
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 13:45:01 GMT
-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Slive [mailto:jslive@gmail.com]
Sent: 23 September 2005 15:05
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] proxypass and redirect apache2

On 9/23/05, Heitmann, Herwarth <herwarth.heitmann@orangemail.nl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want the following to be done for our new reverse proxy solution:
>
> http://www.800-900manager.nl needs to be rewritten to
> https://www.800-900manager.nl
>
> and when someone goes to https://www.800-900manager.nl it needs to be
> redirected to https://www.800-900manager.nl/nsapi/WebObjects/webfrc/
>
> of course https://www.800-900manager.nl needs to be proxied to
> http://10.120.16.80
>
> as i expect this my config. and this config is ignoring the redirect.

Well, your problem is not well specified, since you can't have exactly
the same URL both be redirected AND proxied in the same operation.

Perhaps what you want is something along the lines of RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/$ https://www.800-900manager.nl/nsapi/WebObjects/webfrc/
[R,L] RewriteRule ^/(.+) http://10.120.16.80/ [P] ProxyPassReverse /
http://10.120.16.80/

which redirects the root URL and proxies everything else.

---------------------------------------

Redirecing root URL and proxying the rest is exactly what i want but
with your config rewrite is done, but proxying is not working. You can
see the URL is rewritten as you can see in the address bar...

Is Rewrite [P] working the same as ProxyPass?

De informatie opgenomen in dit bericht kan vertrouwelijk zijn en is alleen bestemd voor de
geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht onterecht ontvangt, wordt u verzocht de inhoud niet te
gebruiken en de afzender direct te informeren door het bericht te retourneren. Hoewel Orange
maatregelen heeft genomen om virussen in deze email of attachments te voorkomen, dient u ook
zelf na te gaan of virussen aanwezig zijn aangezien Orange niet aansprakelijk is voor computervirussen
die veroorzaakt zijn door deze email.

The information contained in this message may be confidential and is intended to be only for
the addressee. Should you receive this message unintentionally, please do not use the contents
herein and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail. Although Orange has taken steps
to ensure that this email and attachments are free from any virus, you do need to verify the
possibility of their existence as Orange can take no responsibility for any computer virus
which might be transferred by way of this email.