httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bradley, Todd" <todd.brad...@Polycom.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] why would a GET consistently take 10 seconds?
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:25:16 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:
> I would still suspect DNS.  Check your config for Allow and
> Deny statements and make sure they they use only "all" or an
> IP address -- nothing else.

Thank you thank you thank you!  I checked our Allow
statements and found that we had several that looked
like this:

Allow from from all

Once I changed them to the much nicer looking...

Allow from all

...the problem went away.

So my guess is Apache was trying to do a hostname
lookup for host "from".  I have no idea how our
Allow statements got to be like this or why we
never noticed until recently.

But I really appreciate your nudge in the right
directions.  If you're ever in the Denver area,
I owe you a cold beverage of your choice.

Thanks,
Todd.