httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Thistle, Scott" <Scott.This...@xwave.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problem accesing html pages on RHEL 4 with apache
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 19:14:54 GMT
Not a problem. Posting here for the history..

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Gustavo Villaran [mailto:gvillaran@pandero.com.pe]
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 4:29 PM
To: Thistle, Scott
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Problem accesing html pages on RHEL 4 with apache

thx scott its ok now.

El jue, 15-09-2005 a las 16:16 -0230, Thistle, Scott escribió:
> Or see below:
>
> How do I make a user public_html directory work under SELinux?
>
> A: This process presumes that you have enabled user public HTML directories in Apache
HTTP configuration (/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf). This process only covers serving static Web
content. For more information about Apache HTTP and SELinux, refer to http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-apache-fc3/.

> If you do not already have one, you will need to create the public_html directory and
populate it with the files and folders to be served.

> cd ~
> mkdir public_html
> cp /path/to/content ~/public_html
> At this point, httpd is configured to serve the contents, but you will still receive
a 403 forbidden error. This is because httpd is not allowed to read the security type for
the directory and files as they are created in the user's home directory. To solve this, change
the security context of the folder and its contents recursively using the -R option:

> ls -Z -d public_html/
> drwxrwxr-x  auser    auser    user_u:object_r:user_home_t      public_html
> chcon -R -t httpd_user_content_t public_html/
> ls -Z -d public_html/
> drwxrwxr-x  auser    auser    user_u:object_r:httpd_user_content_t public_html/
> ls -Z public_html/
> -rw-rw-r--  auser    auser    user_u:object_r:httpd_user_content_t bar.html
> -rw-rw-r--  auser    auser    user_u:object_r:httpd_user_content_t baz.html
> -rw-rw-r--  auser    auser    user_u:object_r:httpd_user_content_t foo.html
> You may notice at a later date that the user field, set here to user_u, is changed to
system_u. This does not affect how the targeted policy works; the field that matters is the
type field.