httpd-users mailing list archives

From Colin Murtaugh <cmurta...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] problem with proxy balancer-manager
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:03:52 GMT

On Sep 22, 2005, at 2:57 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Colin Murtaugh wrote:
>

>> <Proxy balancer://mycluster>
>>      BalancerMember http://servera.domain.com/proxytest retry=10
>> loadfactor=1
>>      BalancerMember http://serverb.domain.com/proxytest retry=10
>> loadfactor=1
>> </Proxy>
>>
>> ProxyPass /proxytest balancer://mycluster lbmethod=byrequests
>>
>> <Location /balancer-manager>
>>      SetHandler balancer-manager
>> </Location>
>>
>> The proxy seems to work -- requests are sent to servera and serverb
>> -- but the balancer-interface doesn't work right.   I see the 'Load
>> balancer status' section, and if I click on either of the hostnames
>> of the cluster members, I see the 'Edit balancer settings' section,
>> but I don't see the 'Edit worker settings' section.  So, I can't
>> enable/disable cluster members via the interface.  The documentation
>> for mod_proxy (under Apache 2.1) indicates that this should be
>> possible.
>>
>> Has anyone else seen this behavior?
>>

> To edit the workers, you must click their links under the
> main section. You should see them under the Host table header.

Sorry if I wasn't clear -- I did click on each of the hostname links,
but I never see the worker settings.  When I click on one of the
hostnames, the URL looks like:

/balancer-manager?b=mycluster&s=http&w=servera.domain.com

but I still just see this:

Load Balancer Manager for myserver

Server Version: Apache/2.1.7 (Unix)
Server Built: Sep 22 2005 13:15:52

LoadBalancer Status for balancer://mycluster

StickySession    Timeout    FailoverAttempts    Method
     0    1     byrequests
Scheme    Host    Route    RouteRedir    Factor    Status
http
servera                                                        1    Ok
http
serverb                                                        1    Ok

Edit balancer settings for balancer://mycluster

StickySession Identifier:
Timeout:
Failover Attempts:
LB Method: