httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jessica Rasku <jra...@armispiansystems.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] httpd won't start
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 04:19:16 GMT
webmaster@chismtrail.com wrote:
> OK, I put in NameVirtualHost 216.107.115.123:80, and put <VirtualHost
> *:80> in one of the websites, then restarted apache.  I still get the
> warning below,

Is there a reason that you want 216.107.115.123 only IP address that
these sites are available from?  Do you have multiple IP addresses?  If
you don't have a reason for restricting then I would sugesst *:80 as the
NameVirtualHost setting, and leave your virtual hosts the same.  If
there is a reason that you want these sites only available on this IP
address you must change the value in the <VirtualHosts *:80> dirrective
to match that IP address.

>>> [warn] NameVirtualHost 216.107.115.123:80 has no
>>> VirtualHosts
>>
> but I must be on the right track.  When I try to access the sites now, I
> get the Apache Test Page instead of the message that the connection had
> been refused.  EXCEPT on one site that I have not changed one character
> on, I get :
>

>   Not Found
>
> The requested URL /index.html was not found on this server.

I would think this is an indication that it's looking elsewhere than the
default dirrectory.  This may be a good sign.  Create a simple
index.html in the DocumentRoot and see if it's loading.  If so you've
got something good going on.  You *can* have multiple NameVirtualServer
directives if you want different virtual servers to be served from
different IP addresses (also a possibility to use so that you can have
sites on the same server that are only visable to your intranet).

							Jessica