httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jessica Rasku <jra...@armispiansystems.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] httpd won't start
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 23:12:30 GMT
webmaster@chismtrail.com wrote:

> I went back through
> /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf and found where to put the IP.  Got that done
> so now my upset customer can at least get his email, but the websites
> are not up.  I know that is because the Document Root is not
> /var/www/html/foo.  Is it safe to just change them to where they
> actually are or would it be better to create a symlink to the real
> directory (if I knew how)?

It really doesn't matter which way you do it, there are reasons for
creating symlinks (when two programs are looking for the same data in
two different places is the ideal time for a symlink rather than
duplicating the data, another option would be to get one of the programs
to look in the place that the other program is looking).  I would
probably put the actuall dirrectory in myself, rather than creating a
symlink.

							Jessica